Yamas – restraints
- Ahimsa (non harming or non violence in thought, word and deed)
- Satya (truthfulness)
- Asteya (non stealing)
- Brahmacharya (celibacy or ‘right use of energy’)
- Aparigraha (non greed or non hoarding)
Niyamas – observances
- Saucha (cleanliness)
- Santosha (Contentment)
- Tapas (Discipline, austerity or ‘burning enthusiasm)
- Svadhyaya (Study of the self and of the texts)
- Isvara Pranidhana (Surrender to a higher being, or contemplation of a higher power
There are many texts which discuss the Yoga 8 Limbed path – an these can be explored at length.
Yoga Sutra Patanjali
Yoga Mala – Patabhi Jois
Open Sundays for treatments!
We are happy to announce we are now open Sundays for treatments!
Relax this weekend....
The lovely Stacey will be offering
Happy & Stress Free – Free 1hr talk on Transcendental Meditation – Tuesday 10th October
Brighton and Hove TM Teacher Mark Heath will give a FREE talk about the benefits of TM, how it works